The Ethos and Mission Statement of Park Road CP School
Park Road is a one form entry community Primary school, situated in the west of Warrington, in the parish of Great Sankey. We believe passionately in 'Our Mission Statement' that we are all:
‘unique individuals learning together’
Here at Park Road, we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence. We are a school where people are welcomed, efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and where the potential of every child is realised.
In practice, this means that our ethos is that:
- A Park Road pupil will develop high level knowledge and skills across the curriculum, meeting or exceeding the levels expected of a school that consistently achieves above the national average;
- A Park Road pupil will gain deep experience and understanding of the key skills of reflectivity, responsibility, resourcefulness, resilience and reasoning as well as enquiry, problem solving, independent and collaborative working, questioning and thinking skills.
- A Park Road pupil will enjoy rich experience in music and the creative and performing arts, including learning and performing on a musical instrument and opportunities to perform in plays and performances;
- A Park Road pupil will become a fluent user of modern ICT and New Technologies;
- A Park Road pupil will learn a language and be encouraged to develop global perspectives.
Staff work together to develop the whole child so that, as well as an emphasis on the development of education, we give children opportunities to develop spiritually, morally, socially and emotionally. Seeing children develop into confident, poised, responsible, enthusiastic eleven-year-olds gives us a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction. Monitoring and tracking children's progress means that we are able to ensure that they all make the progress expected of them and the vast majority make better than expected progress. We share this progress regularly with parents and we also highlight difficulties as soon as they occur.
Children value the relationships we all develop with them, and between ourselves, and this helps children develop caring qualities of their own.
We support parents and work closely together with them to ensure that the children develop into valued members of today's changing society. Parents are well informed about their child's progress and development. Weekly newsletters also give information about what is happening in school. Curriculum newsletters or meetings give parents information on how we teach particular areas of the curriculum.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Park Road family and sharing your child’s learning journey with you.