Computing, formerly known as ICT, is an integral part of teaching and learning at Park Road Community Primary School. The children benefit from a wide range of technical resources, with online capabilities at the centre of their learning.
However, access to the internet and other e-learning resources requires training, guidance and advice to ensure that everyone learns in a safe environment. Along with the training the children receive within school, we have compiled a list of sites which offer guidance to children and parents on the safe use of e-learning tools. Check them out for lots of great safety tips.
- www.parentsprotect.co.uk - This site holds lots of good information for parents.
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk - If you are a clued up kid or a puzzled pensioner, there is something here to help you get the most from the internet.
- www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe - Learn to stay safe whilst you use the internet with Hacker and the Horrible Histories team.
- www.getsafeonline.org - Most government websites are boring, but this one is great for your parents to learn how to keep you safe online.
- www.kidsmart.org.uk - Top tips, from downloading software to social networking, it's all here.
- www.childnet-int.org/kia/primary/ - Do you think that you 'know it all'? Then check out the childnet site to see if you are right.
- www.nspcc.org.uk - Very useful site for parents, with information on the risks of modern technology and how to keep children safe.